1. Our mission is to promote and support communities and artists in cultural creativity, participation and appreciation
2. South Square was founded in 1982 and is home to: 10 artists, 3 galleries, a vegetarian cafe and a frame maker
3. We are home to the Thornton Antiquarian Society Archive and manage the Project Stone
4. The structure of South Square consists of: a Board of Volunteer Trustees, two part time employees and a growing team of volunteers
5. We train curators for the future through our year-long Curatorial Trainee Programme
7. We hold seven exhibitions of emerging contemporary artists in our Main Gallery, ten art exhibitions in our Meeting Room Gallery and an ever changing programme of exhibitions and events in our Community Art Room each year
8. We deliver arts workshops for the community, for artists, for families and for all
9. We are housed in a Grade II listed building comprising of nineteenth century stone masons' cottages
10. We have a delightful Sculpture Garden at the back of South Square where we curate an annual exhibition of contemporary art, specifically commissioned for the space
So come and see us or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You can also follow us on Facebook, visit our website and join our mailing list.